Second U.S. recession could be worse than the first
“It would be disastrous if we entered into a recession at this stage, given that we haven’t yet made up for the last recession,” Conrad DeQuadros, senior economist at RDQ Economics, told the New York Times.
President Barack Obama, once the debt deal with Congress to avoid a debt default was struck, announced a pivot to focus on jobs.
“I’ll continue also to fight for what the American people care most about: new jobs, higher wages and faster economic growth,” Obama said in a statement to press after the debt deal was passed last week.
While the working age population has grown 3 percent in the past four years, the economy has 5 percent fewer jobs — or 6.8 million less than four years ago. Unemployment stands at 9.1 percent.
Economists don’t think another stimulus package will do the trick, either.
“There are only so many times the Fed can pull this same rabbit out of its hat,” Torsten Slok, the chief international economist at Deutsche Bank, told the Times.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Giant Sinkholes: Will Your House Be Swallowed Next?
- Pentagon: F-35 won’t have a chance in real combat
- History Channel’s Miniseries: Misadventures in Sodom and The Pop Culture Sacrifice
- THE TRUTH BEHIND FRATERNITIES AND SORORITIES
- Google: FBI watching you on internet
- Governments falling short in drought fight: UN
Top Posts & Pages
- Are Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Jay Z Illuminati/Satanic Pawns (Videos)
- Wikileaks: GMO conspiracy reaches highest levels of US Government
- Deadliest tornado days in U.S. history
- GM foods not served in Monsanto cafeteria
- Feds Buying Up All Surplus Ammo, Ordering Stores To Cease Sales?
- POLE SHIFT PHENOMENA REPORTED by RUSSIAN SCIENTISTS
- US NAVY MAP of the FUTURE – is this NOW??
- Startling Statistics on Excessive Video Game Use in Children
- Nuclear Targets in America
- Nibiru planet X 2012 PROOF of Government conspiracy
- 879,466 hits