Second U.S. recession could be worse than the first
“It would be disastrous if we entered into a recession at this stage, given that we haven’t yet made up for the last recession,” Conrad DeQuadros, senior economist at RDQ Economics, told the New York Times.
President Barack Obama, once the debt deal with Congress to avoid a debt default was struck, announced a pivot to focus on jobs.
“I’ll continue also to fight for what the American people care most about: new jobs, higher wages and faster economic growth,” Obama said in a statement to press after the debt deal was passed last week.
While the working age population has grown 3 percent in the past four years, the economy has 5 percent fewer jobs — or 6.8 million less than four years ago. Unemployment stands at 9.1 percent.
Economists don’t think another stimulus package will do the trick, either.
“There are only so many times the Fed can pull this same rabbit out of its hat,” Torsten Slok, the chief international economist at Deutsche Bank, told the Times.
- MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS: “COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE!”
- New Russian Submarines Are So Silent That The U.S. Navy Calls Them “Black Holes”
- Fire in the Sky News/Meteor outbreak underway!/’Booms’ being reported!
- Freemasonry And The Oath Of Nimrod: The Masonic Connection To The Ancient Babylonian Mystery Religion
- U.S. Warns China Over East China Sea Maritime Grab
- GRB 130427A: Brightest Ever Gamma-Ray Burst Detected
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
Top Posts & Pages
- The Coming Four Blood Moons
- Nibiru planet X 2012 PROOF of Government conspiracy
- Nuclear Targets in America
- Are Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Jay Z Illuminati/Satanic Pawns (Videos)
- Hercolubus is coming. - Carlos Muñoz Ferrada
- Startling Statistics on Excessive Video Game Use in Children
- China warns US to be 'careful' in military refocus on Asia
- Stonehenge Beneath the Waters of Lake Michigan
- Bedbugs with 'superbug' germ found
- Unexplained Object Near Sun Appears To Be Heading Towards Earth
- 969,177 hits