India Bans Army From Using Social Networks
The contemporary soldier has to operate in a very sophisticated setting, using some of the latest technology, but many armies around the world are quite selective about which bits of technology they allow their soldiers to use.
One case in point is the Indian Army which has taken the rather broad and somewhat harsh approach of banning entirely, the use of social media and social networks by its soldiers. The reason given for the wholesale ban is the typical “security safeguards” excuse, and many in the blogosphere are simply not convinced by it. Although there hasn’t been an official confirmation from the Army, sources close to the situation say that the ban is effectively immediately and will affect the 36,000 officers and 1.3 million regular soldiers that currently make up India’s armed forces.
The ban means that once you a soldier is enlisted in the Indian Army, he or she is not permitted to even have a Facebook, Twitter or any other social networking account. Recruits joining up who already have such accounts have been instructed to delete their profiles are risk not being admitted into the Army.
Whether this wholesale ban will work or even be effective remains to be seen. The fact is that access to technology is part and parcel of living and working in a technologically advanced world. Any attempt to police that too much won’t be very practical on any level.
- The Last, Great Run For The U.S. Dollar, The Death Of The Euro And 74 Trillion In Currency Derivatives At Risk
- Are you ‘over-connected’?
- Earth-directed solar X-flare March 11
- Rate Of Climate Change To Soar By 2020s, With Arctic Warming 1°F Per Decade
- American Millennials Are Some Of The World’s Least Skilled People, Study Finds
- Russia and North Korea forge ‘year of friendship’ pariah alliance
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
Top Posts & Pages
- THE TRUTH BEHIND FRATERNITIES AND SORORITIES
- Nuclear Targets in America
- All the volcano webcams of the world
- Wikileaks: GMO conspiracy reaches highest levels of US Government
- Startling Statistics on Excessive Video Game Use in Children
- Researcher to speak on increased likelihood of Texas hurricanes
- Sphere Sculptures Across the Globe
- US NAVY MAP of the FUTURE – is this NOW??
- "War Without Borders": Washington Intensifies Push Into Central Asia
- **ALERT*** FAKE Silver Coins/Bars/Ingots ARE on the market in U.S.!
- 1,263,728 hits