Gold and Silver Registration in Illinois
A bill to register gold and silver coins: It had to come. It has been introduced in Illinois, the most anti-gun state in the USA. … Creates the Precious Metal Purchasing Act. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall obtain a proof of ownership, create a record of the sale, and verify the identity of the seller. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall not pay for the precious metal in cash and shall record the method of payment. Requires the purchaser to keep a record of the sale for one year or, if the purchase amount is over $500, for 5 years. Provides that a person who violates the Act is guilty of a petty offense and subject to a fine not exceeding $500. Provides that the Attorney General may inspect records, investigate an alleged violation, and take action to collect civil penalties. − TeaPartyEconomist.com
Dominant Social Theme: This is to keep everyone safe.
Free-Market Analysis: Thanks to economist Gary North for this one. The bill, Illinois SB3144, passed the state senate in the spring and was handed off to the house this fall. With three amendments introduced in the house, it now sits in committee (see ilga.gov for progress). But we’re not ready to announce from our perspective that this is the rollout of an elite dominant social theme.
That’s because we haven’t seen enough of a run-up. The power elite we analyze seem to promote themes with significant intensity. This news is not being marshaled at a high level among many mainstream publications, from what we can tell.
But that won’t make it a meme, in our view. You see, there is no fear-based justification. Ideally, such a significant move would only come after due provocation. Notice a renewed push for gun control is being launched after two terrible shootings in particular that received extensive nationwide media attention.
This is how power elite promotions work. The provocation is widely disseminated and the result flows naturally out of the issue at hand. Whether the issue at hand is merely an unfortunate incident or something else is an argument for another day. In this case, the provocations seem strangely lacking.
In fact, we mention a dominant social theme above but it is not one that has been brought to bear.
As it has not, we provided a rationale that might work. The purchase of gold and silver has to be tied to some national security issue. That’s how things seem to work currently.
But we’re not aware that such a justification has been offered regarding this state bill. That rationale surely would involve “terrorists” using gold and silver to pursue various nefarious acts.
Finally, a move of such significance would likely be pursued at the federal level were the powers-that-be serious. We’re not even sure that the power elite really cares about gold and silver registration currently. There are plenty of problems with monopoly fiat money but the system is not currently in danger of immediate toppling, it seems to us. Check back in a few months, or even a year or two …
Of course, such a bill would make actual metals confiscation feasible, as authorities would have names, addresses and amounts of gold and silver held by private citizens. However, even during the initial confiscation in the United States under President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, hardly anyone was prosecuted regarding gold ownership.
The impact lay in the novelty of the act itself. In this case, we would think the intimidation factor would be a significant reason for such legislation. But again, we would expect such a bill to be pursued at the federal level for maximum impact.
It is true that the powers-that-be likely despise gold ownership (for anyone but themselves) but we’re of the opinion it might take an overwhelming monetary crisis to move along legislation like this on a national or international level.
That doesn’t mean something like this couldn’t take place. We’ve predicted it in the past. We just don’t think this effort is being seriously made yet. On the other hand, it could be a kind of “trial balloon.”
Conclusion: One to watch.
- RT @LizMcIntyre: How to Find Out What App is Using Your Webcam to Spy on You - @MakeTechEasier ow.ly/xWYl30anHG3 #privacy https://t… 19 minutes ago
- RT @CBNNews: #Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life. -Ja… 3 hours ago
- The Last, Great Run For The U.S. Dollar, The Death Of The Euro And 74 Trillion In Currency Derivatives At Risk
- Are you ‘over-connected’?
- Earth-directed solar X-flare March 11
- Rate Of Climate Change To Soar By 2020s, With Arctic Warming 1°F Per Decade
- American Millennials Are Some Of The World’s Least Skilled People, Study Finds
- Russia and North Korea forge ‘year of friendship’ pariah alliance
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
Top Posts & Pages
- THE TRUTH BEHIND FRATERNITIES AND SORORITIES
- Startling Statistics on Excessive Video Game Use in Children
- Nuclear Targets in America
- Facebook Now Has 104,857,600 GB Of Your Personal Data Stored On Its Servers
- A Gigantic Pyramid on Ocean Sea Floor in Bermuda Triangle?
- The Coming Apocalypse: The Pacific Ring of Fire has been Heating up over the last Two Years
- "War Without Borders": Washington Intensifies Push Into Central Asia
- Sphere Sculptures Across the Globe
- Chip in the Brain Controls Computer: Braingate Neural Interface System Reaches 1,000-Day Performance Milestone
- Nibiru planet X 2012 PROOF of Government conspiracy
- 1,268,210 hits