Facebook new app update let them record sound & video from your phone, at any time, without your consent
Posted by MrMaybeNot
For me this is where they stepped over the line. Facebook came out with an app update today on Android and when I looked at the new permissions this version request over the previous ones, I noticed that by updating, you consent to let Facebook use your microphone and record with your camera anytime, without your confirmation. I know I won’t be updating, but how many millions will?
Picture from my Android TV box: (same thing was asked on my phone)
Seems that ‘they’ really can access anything, anywhere nowadays. I will be deleting the FB app from my (thankfully old, non-smart) mobile phone; though I suppose there’s a chance they’ve already got me to agree to such terms in the last update, which I applied to the phone when I bought it second-hand, back in November 2012.
NoScript gives you the option to allow any scripts on a webpage to load, before it just automatically does. Ghostery is brilliant in my opinion as it lists all 3rd party tracking cookies and blocks them on webpages, and BOY is FB blocked A LOT! Collusion will show you how all your websites that have been visited are sharing your data.
I also disallow all cookies in FF options, only allow the ones I deem necessary in my exceptions list, like banking.
It’s become ridiculous how much BS one has to do nowadays just to browse safely. Anyway, enough of my rambling, thanks for your post OP it is much appreciated. The next thing we will have to worry about is the SMART TV BS and how that is going to affect us…..
- RT @roryireland: Pretty amazing #tech ability. Goodbye biometrics as a useful tool...Pulling fingerprints from photographs. #infosec #techn… 11 hours ago
- If it's not made in China, it will be SOLD to China... @businessinsider #China #dollars #economy More control on m… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 1 day ago
- The Last, Great Run For The U.S. Dollar, The Death Of The Euro And 74 Trillion In Currency Derivatives At Risk
- Are you ‘over-connected’?
- Earth-directed solar X-flare March 11
- Rate Of Climate Change To Soar By 2020s, With Arctic Warming 1°F Per Decade
- American Millennials Are Some Of The World’s Least Skilled People, Study Finds
- Russia and North Korea forge ‘year of friendship’ pariah alliance
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
Top Posts & Pages
- THE TRUTH BEHIND FRATERNITIES AND SORORITIES
- Nuclear Targets in America
- What Is US Patent 6506148? Electromagnetic Mind Manipulation?
- Startling Statistics on Excessive Video Game Use in Children
- Strange Energy From Galactic Center Bombarding Earth
- Sphere Sculptures Across the Globe
- NASA admits all previous warming trends caused by sun
- US NAVY MAP of the FUTURE – is this NOW??
- China warns US to be 'careful' in military refocus on Asia
- THE POWER OF HAARP
- 1,238,755 hits